Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dive trip in the Channel Islands






For my birthday every year, Danielle sends me on a 3 day live-aboard dive boat called the Peace Boat in the Channel Islands. The boats leaves from Venture Harbor and goes out to the eight Islands of the coast of Southern California. The location on our dives varies from year to year depending on the weather conditions. This trip we spent two days at Catalina and one at Santa Cruz Island. In all I did 16 dives and a lot of eating and sleeping. It's a lot of fun if you love to dive, but it's kind of like camping on a boat - not for everyone. I saw tons of cool fish on one dive. We swam in to a group of 12 Soupfin Sharks, which ranged from 3 to 6 ft in length. It was a little tense at moments because they were very curious and swam within a few feet of me at times and even started to circle us. I left my camera on the boat, so we made a second dive in the same spot. Luckily they were still there. I can go on and on about all the things I saw and did, but I don't want to write all night, so I'll have to tell you about it another time. Here are a few pictures.

No comments: