Thursday, April 10, 2008

Climbing Break





Today I went climbing with Brad my Black Diamond sales rep. I worked a half day then we headed up to Donner Summit for a afternoon of climbing, there is still a lot of snow so the options were limited and there was about a dozen others up there already. The 1st spot was right off the road it was called road cut back, we ended up climbing 3 routes Brad lead climbed placing protection then I followed and cleaned up the route. He taught me along the way since I am still new to climbing. After a few hours there we headed 20 miles down Highway 80 to a place called River Rock, Brad had never climbed there but I see people there all the time, when I am heading home from work. These Crag wasn't as close to the car as the last spot, we had to park on the side of 80 and hike about 15 minutes down the hill cross the train tracks and over a old suspension bridge it was a nice hike. We were able to set up top ropes and climbed 3 more routes one that kicked my but Karl's Crack a 5.10A that is way above my skill but I did it twice and learned a few things each time, I got up but it wasn't pretty. Thanks Brad for taking the time to show me a few things.

No comments: