Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Spain 2010 Alarcon and Windmills of La Mancha

Alarcon is a place most average tourists have never heard of. Danielle's great-grandfather on her mom's side not only shares the villages name, but also has roots from there, so she really wanted to visit. It was a few hours out of the way, but we made the trip worthwhile by stopping at a few other places along the way. Alarcon is a really small town with a river flowing into a big reservoir. There's a castle that has been turned into a hotel, a church and a dozen or so houses. It was a cute small village in the middle of farmland.

After Alarcon we made a few stops in other small towns. My favorite stop was at La Mancha. It is a group of old windmills out in the open plains. While we were there two bus loads of Japanese tourist pulled up. It was funny because I fit right in with them taking tons of pictures from every angle.

This day 6/26/2010 was Danielle's and my 6th anniversary. It has been the best six years of my life and I'm looking forward for all the years to come. Danielle, I love ya!

What I didn't know until a few months later was I got a photo speeding ticket on the same day. Around he the end of August I got a certified letter from Espana. When I opened it up it was a picture of us in our C3 cruising down the freeway. I was driving 101km in a 80km zone. It sucked, but nothing I could do about it. At least I was able to pay it online. It was for 100 euro, but since I paid in a timely manner they cut it in half, so it cost me 50 euro. At least I got a souvenir picture out of it!

No comments: