Thursday, October 9, 2008

Porters Indoor Soccer in Incline

Today was Porters first Indoor Soccer game in Incline Village at the rec center. Most of us haven't played soccer in a long time, for me it's been about 12 years. I started out as the goal keeper and I did alright. The other team was really good, they were setting up picture perfect plays and I would have three people coming at me. I only let 5 goals go by in the first half but girls count for two so the score at half was 8 - 5 by the way Finn scored all 5 goals for Porters he's are David Beckham. In the second half Kevin played the goal and I played forward, I was getting worked and we were so tired I forgot how much of a workout soccer was. I felt bad for our Girls Jo and Casey they had no subs so they never got a break, they were beat, there were seven guys so we had plenty of subs and we were still tired. Not sure of the exact final score but I think it was 21 - 10 Kevin did great in goal but they had so many shoots on goal there bound to go in, and there girls were really good, so they had a lot of 2 point goals. I ended up scoring a goal in the last minute as did Nicky B in the last half but besides that Finn dominated Porters offense. Lets hope we have a better game next week.

No comments: