Sunday, August 30, 2009

La Tomatina

I know I haven't done a update in a few weeks. Sorry my life has been boring pretty much just www.porterstahoe.com tent sales. But Yesterday evening we attended a huge food fight

Yesterday was La Tomatina in Reno...you say it was what, where? The club Cal Neva in Reno along with the American Cancer Society had a great idea to have a huge tomato fight in downtown Reno to raise money for cancer research. A local grocery store donated 50,000 lbs of tomatoes and at 6 pm they tried to hold the crowd back but it became tomato warfare! Tomatoes were flying everywhere, no one was safe! I think I personally was pelted in the head like 10 times from across the tomatoey field. Soon the remaining tomatoes became soup and you were wading through it, scooping it up and flinging it at everyone. I had a blast.

No comments: