Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Reunited




So you've read how we found this dog, now I'll tell the rest of the story. Sunday we made 50 flyer's, I went all over the area we found the dog and posted found dog signs.
The dog was so well behaved that we couldn't put him into a shelter. We started to treat him as he were are own. We took him on walks and played ball with him. He ended up staying with us four nights,
This morning as I was walking out the door for work. I get a call on my cell phone it's the dogs owner, he describes him perfect, I tell him I have his dog in my garage and he starts to cry, he tells me the dogs name is Mitchell, we set up a meting place. As I pulled up he started to cry, I open the door and the dog jumped into his arms. He moved to Reno two days before the dog took off, he has only lived on a ranch were he was free to roam, and he is now fenced in a backyard. When the owner was out the dog jumped the fence and took off. He posted 1000 flyer's in the area were he lives but my flyer's were about five blocks west. He called all the shelters and the Humane Society saw a add we put in the paper and gave him my number, and the rest is history.
We are happy the dog is back with his owner. In the short amount of time we spent with the dog we started to get attached. We are going to miss him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great story!

Ginger and/or Janet said...

You have earned some major karma.
Makes me wanna cry just reading it!

Anonymous said...

I miss Mitchell, but I am glad he is home! :-)