Saturday, June 23, 2007

Scary Day

Today at Sand Harbor in Lake Tahoe I was teaching a scuba class. I had 7 students by myself. We did two dives that went fine, towards the end of the last dive, one of the students had a panic attack, he shot to the surface. I popped up and he was hyperventilating, I got him buoyant and tryed to calm him down. It didn't help he was having a hard time breathing, I signaled to the rest of the class to come up. I dragged him to shore got him out of his equipment, as I dragged him to shore a man called 911, we rested him and got him on 100% o2 by the time the ambulance showed up he was okay, they still did a full check up and he was fine. It was crazy, I did everything I was taught and I don't think it could of went any better. I am finishing up the class tomorrow. He will be back to finish. It should all be fine. I'll keep you all updated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Jason!!
Dad