Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ranthambore National Park



I went on a so called Tiger Safari in India at Ranthambore National Park. I didn't get to see any Tigers but the park it self was cool. I did see a Leopard, tons of deers, peacocks, crocodiles and 600 different species of birds. I took an all day safari which was a rip off, they pick you up at 6:30 till 10:00, then you have to sit in the middle of nowhere for four and a half hours, were there was no food or anything, then you can go back out from 2:30 till 6. The wait sucked but what pissed us off was they didn't say anything about this, and we didn't have any food and were starving. After a few hours the driver offered us to take us to a small village for 4oo rupees which is more than I payed for a 12 hour train ride, we eventual broke down and made a deal for 300 rupees split 3 ways. They said the village was really far which only ended up being 2.2 KM away, we'll we did end up getting to eat in this little tiny village that doesn't see foreigner all that ofter. I also meet Mark and Adele from Australia which I ended up spending a few days with in Agra.

Enough rambling on. If you end up going on a Safari in Ranthambore just do the morning jeep safari and you will enjoy the park.

No comments: