Sunday, December 16, 2007

Teaching Scuba In The Snow

This weekend I taught a scuba class in Lake Tahoe. Adventure scuba had a big class from Carson High there were six instructors and we each had 4 students. They were taking a oceanography class and getting certified through school, I wish I had a class like that. The first day didn't start off very good the water was 45 degrees and the air temp was lower that that, the kids were in 7mm wetsuits and freezing there buts off and what didn't help is it was really windy with 2 ft waves. We ended up limping through the day with no major issues. The second day was great it was still cold, but no wind and the water was calm. My group had a ton of fun and all the students passed the open water class. I am proud of them they learned how to dive while walking through six inches of snow they were excited for it to be done. A lot of the kids want to take an advance class to further there skills. Any one interested in diving I am always open.

No comments: