Thursday, July 10, 2008

Everest Base Camp Trail - Lobche to Gorak Shep



We woke up from Lobche with blue bird sky's. We had great views of all the surrounding peaks Awi Peak, Arakam Tse, Chloatse, Tangboche Peak, Mehra Peak and the most dominating was Nuptse. I rushed out of bed in my fleece and ran out side to get some pics this was the best morning of the whole trip and it was worth the wait, Santa my guide from Itreknepal.com had me do a short hike up this hill to get views of a few more peaks, it was amazing. I was hoping it would due this tomorrow when we were going to climb Kala Patthar to get the full 360 view of the mountains and Mt. Everest. We hiked to Gorak Shep which was a tough hike on its own then we ate lunch and gathered energy to make the 4 hour trek to base camp.

No comments: