Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cat Ba National Park!



On my second day in Cat Ba. We did a trek in the national park. It was really thick rainforest. We were there miday and it seemed almost like night. The vegetation was so lush. We saw a ton of butterflys, a few snakes and lizards. One of the snakes was scary big. After the hike we went into a cave. It was 300m long. There were thousands of bats. It was crazy walking through. They would buzz pass your head, almost hitting you.

Today I'm off to do a two day trip on the ocean through Halong Bay. I've been looking forward to this. But I haven't seen the sun in a few days. And it's raining off and on. Hopefully I'll get a glimpse of the sun while I'm out on the water.

I wont have internet for a few days. I'll do a post when I get back to Hanoi Thursday.