Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Home Sweet Home!

I’ve been home for five days now, and this is the first chance I’ve had to sit down and do a blog post.

The First day home I did stuff around the house and slept. Since then I’ve been working. I did manage to drive to San Francisco last night for a Party. VIP DC Party for Ken Block, Danielle and I had a great time. More to come on that in a future post. But to say the least it’s been busy.

Over the course of 3 weeks. I started in Vietnam went through Cambodia into Thailand onto Laos and then back to Vietnam. I took 2030 pictures. Was able to show Brad the real way to experience a country. Met a ton of great people. Especially Maya and Fridi from Denmark. If it wasn’t for them we wouldn’t have gone to Ko Chang. And Candice, Amy and Kevin from Canada. I spent the last half of my trip going through Laos and Halong Bay with them. It wouldn’t have been as fun without them. I went over budget. I planned on spending $200 a week but ended up spending $300 a week. Still not bad for how much land I covered and had a private boat for two days on Halong Bay.

South East Asia is a wonderful part of the world. I would highly recommend it for someone wanting to experience amazing beauty and culture. The people are some of the friendliest in the world. Laos tops my the list. They are very laid back, and rarely try to push you to buy anything. I would love to experience more of the country someday. But honestly as I type they were all amazing and hard to say one country was better than another. They are all unique in their own ways.

The highlights for my trip were The amazing Temples of Angkor for Cambodia. The stunning Island of Ko Chang for Thailand. The picturesque Tat Kuang Si Waterfall for Laos. And last but not least. The incredible Lan Ha and Halong Bay for Vietnam.

I meet a ton of people from all over the world. Most were from Europe, followed by Australia, New Zealand and Canada. But very few from the USA. If your reading this, please get out there and explore this world. In the scheme of things USA is just a drop in a bucket and there’s so much more to experience out there.

I’m not sure where trip will take my. But I know Danielle and I are going to disappear for a few weeks in June. This trip is up to her, she’s got a few things mocked up but nothing finalized yet.

Thanks to all that followed my blog. I miss and love you all. Hopefully you can join me on my next adventures.



These are a few of the 2030 pictures I took.

Keeping the streets of Ho Chi Minh City Clean, Vietnam

Bayon Temple, Cambodia

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Fridi, Maya, Brad and I at our hotel Keereeele in Ko Chang, Thailand

One of the many amazing beaches and Islands off Ko Chang, Thailand

Happy New Year Lao style!!!

This was my soaking crew for New Year in Lao! Amy, Kevin, Candice and are Lao friends!

Tat Kuang Si Waterfall in Laos

Harbor off Cat Ba Island, Vietnam

Cruising in Lan Han Ba, Vietnam

Taking a break from Kayaking on a sandbar. Lan Ha Bay, Vietnam

Limestone spires in Halong Bay, Vietnam



My welcome Home sign from my sister, USA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to pick on a little kid, Jason. Doucing water on him. In the US we call that child abuse! Haha.