Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tat Kuang Si Waterfall



On my last day in Luang Prabang. I packed in all I could. I again awoke at 5:30 to get a few more pics of the Monks. I then took a walk through the city and stopped by a few Wats. When the coffee shop opened at seven, I checked a few email and updated this blog. At 8:30 we went to the Tat Kuang Si Waterfall. I’ve read a lot of good things about it. But after seeing it I was amazed. It was better than I could have imagined. We walked all the way to the top. And went to a few hidden pools that Candice went to on her last trip to Lao. We were able to swim in a pool that was at the top of the waterfall. There was a few picturesque waterfalls flowing into the pool. After spending an hour or so there. We walked down passed a dozen or so falls. We went swimming in another pool that had a rope swing. We had to leave at 12:30 because we had a flight to Hanoi. If I could have, I'd have spent the whole day there.

On the way to and from the falls which was 32km from the city. We were soaked by all the locals throwing water for New Year. Luckily or Tuk Tuk driver had filled the back of the truck with water. We were able to retaliate. It was so fun catching people off guard.

I had a great time in Lao.

Time to get back to Vietnam for my last 5 nights.

No comments: