Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Delhi to Jaipur






Today I woke up bright and early and caught the 6:05 train to Jaipur, it was about 5 hour ride but the time flew talking to a few locals I met on the train. When I got to Jaipur I tried to walk to my hotel but I got myself all turned around and was lost, well not really but none of the maps I have are to scale and they don't have all the streets only the min ones so it's easy to make a wrong turn. I ending up just jumping on a rickshaw and he got me here.

After I checked it I checked out a few of the cites the City palace and a few of the gates. I cut the sightseeing short to attend the annual Holi Elephant festival. It was worth it. They put a lot of effort in to making these elephants up. A fret that I went back to the hotel had dinner then here I am.

Tomorrow is Holi a Holiday in India so all the tourist spots are closed. It sucks cause I am not going to see the Amberfort which is the main attraction in Jaipur. Oh well. I'll try and do a post tomorrow. Hopefuly I can get some rest tonight. I am beat.

No comments: