Saturday, March 21, 2009

Shimla Hill Fort



t






So when I booked my train from Kalka to Shimla I knew it was on the small gauge train but I didn't know I booked the single engine in car combo. It was one of the coolest little trains i had seen. There was only 14 passengers and I was the only non Indian tourist. The ride was crazy i am not exact because I don't have my book in front of me but we went over 200 bridges and 80 tunnels. It was the coolest train ride I have ever been on.

When we arrived in Shimla I was amazed of the beauty. It is at about 7400 ft so it was about 30 degrees cooler than Delhi. The city itself is very peaceful and relaxing, there are no cars aloud in the main city. Today I took a bus tour of some of the local villages. It was pretty lame but I got to see a lot of the different valleys. We did go to Kufri elevation 8700ft that had a little snow from a storm last night. All the Indians on the tour were going crazy, none of them had ever seen the snow, it was cool watching there faces light up. They couldn't walk in it, I saw 3 of them fall hard.

Tomorrow I am off to Dharmsala on a 10 hour bus ride. I'll do a post when I get ther. Might not bee for a day.

I love and miss you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why does that look like Thomas the Train? LOL!