Saturday, March 14, 2009

In Agra Taj Mahal here I come

Well I was off the grid for a few days in Ranthambhore National Park. I was a very small village Sawai Madhopur that didn't have an Internet that actually worked. I was a very mellow place but after a day and a half I was bored. I did go on a Safari were I was hoping to see a Tiger but I had no luck. I did see a lot of other cool animals. Tons of deer and Peacocks, Antelope, Gazelle, Crocadiles 1 Leopard a hundreds yards away and they have 600 specias of birds so that was cool. I was bummed at not seeing the Tiger but the Park was beautiful.

I was supposed to be on a night train to Agra but I was getting bored and the Aussies I meet were leaving at 9am. I decided to try and catch the same train. Which I did but was on the loest class avaliblr, it was ghetto. there is about 200 seats but they sell 400 I was packed in like a sardine and had to stand the whole ride which was about 4 hours. I was right next to the bathroom and a kid just pissed on the wall next to me when all the bathrooms were full. All in all I was safe just a little cramped. I'm sure you all thatnk I am crazy. Oh I did manage to get a seat after 2.5 hours standing. I think the ticket checker felt bad and got me a seat in the class up for the last 1.5 hours. I would have been fine but it was nice to have a seat.

I am in Agra now. I am going to go see the Taj Mahal in the morning with a Aussie couple I meet on the Safari. I can see it in the distance and it's huge. I am excited to see it. Tomorrow night I am on a night train to Varanasi so I might not do a post tomorrow.

Thanks for all your comments. I love and miss you all.

Safe in India

Jason

No comments: