Monday, March 9, 2009

Walking Delhi







Well today I decided to just explore Delhi on foot. I started by walking to the huge round about and bazzar shopping mecca of Connaught it is amazing how many shops there can be in a small area. After crusing the Bazzar I decided to keep walking to India Gate which is a huge arch memorial for the 90,000 Indian solders that lost there lives in world war 1. It's an impresive.
After India Gate I kept walking to Humayun's Tomb which is a series of temples and tomb's mixed with a lush flowers and lawn. The whole are was built in the 16th century by the same guy that built the Taj, the detail in all the stone work is amazing.
After a few hours of admiring and taking a lot of pictures I decided to start heading back towards Connaught. It was 100 times busier than we I walked through in the morning. I strolled back towards the hotel and stopped by the train station to check it out since I have a 6:05 AM train to Jaipur. The station was crazy busy. I eventuly made it back to my room to relaxe a little before I went out to dinner. For dinner I went to a India resturant, don't laugh in this are there is any kinda food you could want. I had a huge Masala Dosa and a diet coke for $1.50 which wasn't a cheap resturant. You gota love the prices. Well I am of to relaxe and get ready for bed. I shuold be able to do another post tomorrow, check back.



2 comments:

Jose Vega said...

Hi Jason.
Good to hear that your trip is going well...I can not believe the prices, especially compared to what I was paying in Spain last summer, a coke was more like $4.
How do you get by with the language barrier? Do you find that most people still speak english?
Hope everything works out great and that we will be using those passes at Dodge Ridge soon.
Take care and if you ever decide to visit the Canary Islands, let me know.

Jose Vega

Jason said...

Since India used to be a British colony there is a lot of English speaking people. I haven't had any problems. $4 is less than my whole days food. It's amazingly cheap.