Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Taj Mahal

Just spent the morning at the Taj Mahal. It was truly amazing. It is such an amazing and huge solid marble building. The detail in all the stone work is hard to appreciate unless you are standing up close to it. I got there at 6am with Mark and Adele the Aussies I met on the safari. We wanted to get in at 6:30 when it opens to beat the heat and the massive tour business that were pulling up when we left at 9. I can't imagine how they much money they make. They charge 750 INR which is about $15 USD and there is lines of people waiting to get in from three different entrances. I am all for Indian locals paying less but they only pay 25 INR for the Taj talk about them ripping off the tourist. And the bad thing is, there is no in and outs, and you can only bring in one bottle of water and no food, an they don't sell any inside. I would have liked to go back in the evening but I am not paying another 750 INR.

Sorry no pics, this Internet cafe has blocked all the USB slots. Hopefully I will be able to post a few soon. I love and miss you all.

No comments: