Friday, March 6, 2009

Jason is off to India!!!!!!

Wow I can't believe that I'm packing for a solo trip to India. I have always dreamed of seeing the sights and culture of India, and it's about to come true. I fly out of Reno tomorrow at 6:00am and 28 hours latter I will be landing in New Delhi. I will be crossing the upper part of Indian by train planning on stopping in Jaipur, Ranthambhore National park and Tiger reserve, Agra and the Taj Mahal, Varanasi and the Ganges river, Shimla and the Himalayan foothills, and many other stops along the way.

With my trip to Nepal last year it helped me prepare for India, but I'm sure there will be somethings that catch me off gourd. The tough part with going to 3rd world countries is all the poverty. It can be sad for us in the USA to see some of the worlds worst issues through our own eyes. I always go with a open mind, and it makes me appreciate all the wonderful things I have when I return.

I will try to update my blog every day, so please check back often, there might be a few places were I can't us the Internet so don't freak out if I don't update for a few days.

Danielle is not going on this trip, she is busy writing her thesis to finish here Masters this summer. She also doesn't have much interest with India. I love her with all my heart and appreciate all she does for me, and for her putting up with my travel bug, she's the best. I haven't even left yet and I already miss her.

Please check back often I will be thinking of all of you.

Safe travels

Jason

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Can't wait to see all the pics along the way. Just make sure you make it back safe and sound. I am with Danielle no interest in Inida:)