Monday, March 23, 2009

Mcleod Ganj








I left Shimla in Route for Dharmasala which was a 10 hour bus ride , then to Mcleod Ganj which is were the exiled Tibetans have made there home for the last 50 years. This is also were the Dalai Lama lives .

It is a very relaxing place, there are monks walking all over. I went to the Bhudist Temple were I saw munks debating, no clue what they were saying but it was funny. I also hiked to a little waterfall. On the way to the waterfall I meet a Tibetan man living in nepal that is here to learn english we hung out for a few hours he was happy to practice his english.

In the eveing I went to a candel light vigel at the Temple to morn all the lives lost in Tibet. They showed a video of the Chinese beating munks for having peacful protests it was sad, there were a few thousand people there and most were crying. It is a very sad.

Overall I am really enjoying it here. I am here all day tomorow ten a night train to Delhi. My trip is slowly winding down and this is a good place for that.

I love and miss you all.

No comments: